SEATTLE, — For moms, it’s not about the “Sunday Scaries,” it’s about “Weeklong Worries.” A new survey by online retailer Zulily, shows that moms may be up more than ever: 62 percent of respondents who identified as moms say they wake up at least once a night, with 2 a.m. – 3 a.m. being the most frequent hour moms say they’re up. To give moms a new way to spend their sleepless hours, Zulily is launching “The Late Night Shop for Mom” – a month-long shopping event that will offer free shipping on orders placed between 2 a.m. to 4 a.m. Pacific for curated collections refreshed each week, featuring must-have items that offer humor, comfort and a sense of calm during trying times.
Not Sleeping Through the Night? What’s Keeping Mom Up at Night: While most new moms are up late adapting to new sleep and meal schedules with baby, the survey data shows there’s more on mom’s mind than a late-night snuggle session.
- Worrying, Caring and Planning: Nearly a quarter of moms say worrying about the world keeps them up at night (22 percent) – higher than the percent of moms who say they’re up late at night to care for their children (17 percent) or planning for the future (16 percent).
- Moms Need a No Judgement Zone: 38 percent of Moms say they feel judged by other parents for their parenting decisions, which could be contributing to their overall mental load.
- Shop, Scroll and Sleep: Nearly one-third of moms (28 percent) say they pass the time late at night by doing something online like shopping online, browsing social media or checking email.
“Mom has the weight of the world on her shoulders, so we wanted to learn more about what she’s worried about, what she needs and how we can help lighten her load,” said Lindsay Reynolds, Zulily’s family shopping and trends expert. “Our research shows that moms are actively looking for products for her children and her home that help create a sense of calm, add a dose of daily humor, and help create experiences that she feels her family may be lacking right now. We’re giving new moms special savings and curated shopping events designed to provide a fun way to spend those sleepless hours shopping daily deals in our Late Night Shop for Mom.”
Pandemic Impacts on Mom Shopping
The research suggests that the state of society is not only causing moms to lose out on sleep, but it’s impacting what she’s shopping for – and why. What’s trending:
- Fashion Micro Moments: 45 percent of moms say that dressing their baby up in special occasion dresses or cute outfits impacts their own mood, citing feelings of happiness, relief as well as a sense of control and return to normalcy. Moms with children under 5 years old are most excited to dress their kids up – and for new kinds of “special occasions” in today’s world; who doesn’t love an excuse to get baby girl clothes or dapper baby boy clothes? 57 percent of these moms say they consider a virtual gathering an excuse to dress up their baby in something special, and 47 percent say a trip to the grocery store offers the same. Zulily offers unique brands like Milkbarn, which are perfect for dressing up baby for at-home photoshoots.
- Mom Memes to Cope: The majority of moms (73 percent) say that humor is important in navigating the pain points of parenthood. Specifically, 44 percent of moms say that humor is even more important in a COVID-19 environment. What’s more, moms say that sharing humor and memes allow them to feel connected with other parents (19 percent) and allows them to express how they feel (20 percent). Brands like Tesa Babe offer funny apparel to make the family smile!
- Craving Calm at Home: Almost half of moms say their home could benefit from a greater sense of calm. What’s more – moms with babies and children under 5 are more likely to say their children are impacted by current environmental stress. That’s why Zulily offers soothing tools and toys from Calisson Toys, official distributor of Sophie la Girafe brand in the U.S. and Kushies – alongside apparel like JoJo Maman Bébé.
Zulily’s Late Night Shop for Mom launches on September 17, 2020, with weekly themed events going live at 2 a.m. each week through October 14, 2020. The shop will feature nursery décor, kid’s clothes, baby toys, and more at up to 70 percent off.
Methodologies: Zulily surveyed 500 parents, users on websites in the Google Surveys Publisher Network, aged 18 to 64 years old. The survey was conducted online through Google Surveys (complete methodology can be found here) from August 10 – 14, 2020. The margin of error is +/- 3 percentage points.
About Zulily, LLC
Zulily, LLC is an online retailer that launches a new store on its mobile apps and website every day. By creating an immersive and entertaining shopping experience featuring hundreds of sales and thousands of products at great prices, Zulily invites shoppers around the world to discover a wide assortment of curated products for themselves, their families, and their homes. Zulily’s wide variety of merchandise spans: size-inclusive women’s, men’s & kid’s apparel, accessories, and footwear; toys for every age and stage; beauty & wellness; and items for the home. Unique products from up-and-coming brands are featured alongside favorites from household names, giving customers something new to discover every day, delivered on a fun mobile shopping experience that sparks inspiration. Zulily launched in 2010 and is headquartered in Seattle with locations in Nevada, Ohio, Pennsylvania and China. For more information visit zulily.com.
Zulily, LLC is a wholly owned subsidiary of Qurate Retail, Inc. (NASDAQ: QRTEA, QRTEB), which includes QVC, HSN, Zulily and the Cornerstone brands (collectively, “Qurate Retail Group”), as well as other minority interests and green energy investments. Qurate Retail Group believes in a Third Way to Shop® – beyond transactional ecommerce or traditional brick-and-mortar stores. In addition to being #1 in video commerce, Qurate Retail Group is among the top 10 ecommerce retailers in North America (according to Internet Retailer) and is a leader in mobile commerce and social commerce. For more information, visit www.qurateretailgroup.com, or follow @QurateRetailGrp Facebook, Instagram or Twitter, or follow Qurate Retail Group on YouTube or LinkedIn.
Share the post "Zulily Launches “The Late Night Shop For Mom,” Nightly Deals Designed to Provide Calm and Fun in the New Normal"